18 January 2013

So That all we hear is the chirp of a lonely bird by Yaritza Florencio

So That all we hear is the chirp of a lonely bird

Some Crazy thing inside told me money is what anyone would want

Or some Material thing you could easily flaunt

But inside an emotionless place

I found something money could never replace

I kind of realized I have something to tell you

Something I know you knew

But even if you know

Here I go:



I love you how a fat boy likes cake

How the Earth loves the sun when it wakes



I love you how the stars love the moon

How Indians love the Monsoon



I love you how coffee loves sugar and cream

I love you how pillows love a good dream



I love you how fans love their team

I love you how a little boy loves his new scheme



I love you how plants love the light

I love you how the winds love a kite



I love you how a library loves books

I love you how haters love giving dirty looks



I love you like clouds love the sky

I love you how tears love a good cry



I love you how hell loves a bad deed

I love you how a car loves the speed



I love you how trump loves his money

I love you how bees love their honey



I love you how a rainbow loves color

I love you how a kid loves to grow an inch taller



I love you how the Mets love to lose

I love you more than I love my shoes



I love you more than I love video games

I love how a fire loves its flames





I love you how you hate yellow

How a little girl somewhere loves Jell-O



I love you more than I will ever tell you face to face

More than any disagreement could ever erase



I love you how my lips will never be able to say

I love you like everything of everyday



If someday you say I love you

Inside, I’m shouting “I love you too”

Even if I hide it with a smile

Even if it takes a while



You will see that I don’t need words to say I love you anyway

Imagine if someday someway someone takes these words away

Then will we just have no way to say?



More than words is what I need

So my silence does not mislead



So that all you hear is the chirp of a lonely bird

And finally know I love you, without me saying a word.





Yaritza Florencio

No comments:

Blog Archive